Our high councilman said today "I am thankful for this Church because it makes the world seem so small". I couldn't agree more.
We are leaving our beloved Oregonians to move to Texas. We are very excited for what this adventure holds for us, but leaving will be so much more difficult then I told myself it would be. I am an Oregonian through and through so it is hard to imagine raising my children as Texans.
I do now, and will forever consider myself an Oregonian no matter what my address may be.
Before Relief Society began today a very dear friend sat by me for a moment and told me that when she read my note telling her that we might be moving to Texas she immediately felt the spirit witness to her that it was the right place for my family. What a sweet gift it is when someone listens to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
I am grateful for confirming moments like this one that reassure me that this is the right decision. This Gospel is true. I am so grateful that I was baptized, confirmed a member of the Church and that I received the gift of the Holy Ghost. The blessings that I have received and continue to receive because of this decision are many.
I love the people here. I have had girlfriends all of my life, but my girlfriends here are more like sisters. I will miss them so much.
Thank goodness there shoes are being filled by the original!
1 comment:
Darci, I was so excited to see that you have a blog. I have often wondered what you have been up too. I too had a miscarriage before we had our son and I couldn't believe the emotions that accompany such a loss. I am excited for your big move to Texas! Ben and I just left Oregon and moved to Utah for a job. It was one of the hardest things as I feel I'm an Oregonian. But the Lord does know us and he leads us in the right direction.
Post a Comment